Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving 2016

Family and Friends, today we eat and for that I am Thankful!!
I want you to know that I love my country, as imperfect as it is. I am eternally Thankful to be an American. I am Thankful that we live in a country where good men and women can agree to disagree.
I am thankful for all the men and women across the country and across the world serving in the military. I pray for their comfort and safe return. I am Thankful that I raised a son that thought enough of his country to serve it.
I am Thankful too for all the men and women in Law Enforcement. I believe the bulk of these men and women to be good decent people. I am praying for their everyday safety.
I have the peaceful warriors of Standing Rock in my mind today also. Keep them safe as they are opposed by Law Enforcement Officers who find themselves on the wrong side of the law and history.
I am Thankful to have been raised by my parents who took the time to teach my sister, brother and me, right from wrong. I am Thankful that my mother is still with us.
I am Thankful for my wife and all my children and grandchildren. They complete my life.
I am Thankful to have had many, many years of employment with McDonnell Douglas and Boeing. I am Thankful that God gave me the patience to stay the course. I am Thankful for my retirement!
I am Thankful for the many friends in my life. They too complete my life. I am Thankful for true friends and I am Thankful that I can be your friend.
I am Thankful for all the dogs that I have had in my life.They were my friends too.
I am Thankful that my wife and daughters will all be cooking their hearts out today for their family.
I am Thankful for all that God has given me!
Now, "Let's get ready to rumble!!

No comments: