Friday, August 05, 2022

Chris & Pitts BBQ


By Randy De La O

It does not get any more "Old School " than Chris & Pitts BBQ  here in Whittier. If you grew up in the Whittier, Santa Fe Springs or Pico Rivera area, you have probably eaten here at one time or another.

Sadly, their days are numbered. Chris & Pitts will be closing their doors in December. It's no exaggeration to say I have eaten here my entire life. I ate here with my mother and father growing up.

The place has some wear and tear on it  and is definitely dated. Still, it possesses a certain kitschy  charm. Walking through the doors is always, if only for a short while, a step back in time. 

The service has always been prompt and friendly and always appreciated. These types of eateries  are, slowly but surely, disappearing from the American landscape. It breaks my heart to see it go.

Jeri had the Pulled Pork sandwich with BBQ beans and cole slaw, I had the pork spareribs, baked potato and BBQ beans, which I love. My dinner came with a choice of soup or salad. I chose the beef barley soup, which I also love.

If you've been meaning to get your Chris  & Pitts on, you better git to it!

No comments: