Saturday, January 06, 2024

Carne Adovada Tonight

 
A good supper today; carne adovada made with Lemitar, New Mexico red chile sent to me in December by my cousin Juanita De La O-Gordon . Also pintos cooked low and slow with smoked bacon, and Spanish rice and of course, flour tortillas.

What is carne adobada? You ask. Carne Adobada is pork (I use pork shoulder), marinated in red chile, along with onion garlic, a few choice spices and a little bit of honey (not everyone uses honey) for no less than 48 hours, then slow braised for 2 1/2 - 3 hours. This is a New Mexico specialty. I haven't made it in a while. It was therapeutic making it. Thank you again for the chile prima Juanita. It is being enjoyed.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, there is magic in the New Mexico soil. Chile from anywhere else just does not compare!

No comments: