Monday, November 25, 2019

A Land Called America

Continuing with a Season of Thanks....

It's not always easy to feel thankful. I know that as well as anyone but I am thankful.

I am thankful and indebted to my great, great, great, great grandfather, Cristobal De La O, who, in late 1600 or possibly the 1700's, with a sense of adventure and a dream of a better life for his descendants, left his native Spain and made his way to the New World.

I am part of that dream that began so long ago. A dream that culminated in a land called America. His descendants, my children, my cousins and branches are scattered throughout the country. We are Americans! His dream came true.

When life gets overwhelming, and it does, I need only to think of Cristobal De La O and the hardships he must have faced.

We all have a story and we all have much to be thankful for. God Bless this land called America!

No comments: