Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Tacqueria Los Santos Mexican Restaurant


My wife Jeri and I were out and about today doing some after Christmas shopping at the Walmart and Target at the shopping center at Telegraph Road and Carmenita Road. By the time we were done we were hungry.

We drove to Tacqueira Los Santos, just across the street on Telegraph. Actually, we had Jenny's Country Kitchen in mind, a few doors down, but it was crowded with a line out the door.

So we opted for Los Santos. We have been here a few times before and have always been satisfied. They are known more for their delicious tacos and I wanted breakfast but I did not want to get back in the truck and drive around looking for a place to eat.

Sometimes though, things have a way of working out. I scanned the menu and saw, Chilaquilles Rojos and went with that. I am somewhat skeptical whenever I order chilaquilles. Most restaurants throw chips in the the sauce and serve them up as chilaquilles. That is something more Akin to nachos but that is just my personal opinion.

My mother made chilaquilles when I was a young boy. In my memory and my mind's eye they are the best I have ever had. She took her time cooking the corn tortillas , frying them til firm but not crisp before adding her red chile. Served with two fried eggs it was breakfast perfection on a plate.

Now, I do not know the process used at Los Santos but the end result was pretty darn good. Two eggs over easy served over the chilaquillas with rice and beans. So, this is just my long winded way of saying I really enjoyed my breakfast this morning.

If you want to give it a try, here is the address: 13307 Telegraph Rd, Whittier, CA 90605

The decor is simple, the staff is friendly and prompt and the food is very good.






No comments: