Monday, February 12, 2024

Camping, Old Friends and Good Memories

 I have been going through some old photos and this one jumped out at me. It captures another time for me. I'm fixing breakfast, directly across from me is my late friend Steve Wallace and my life long friend Ken Robledo is behind the camera.

It was 1980 and we were at the Colorado River. That's my old (new at the time) 1979 Toyota Landcruiser. That's Steve's guitar leaning against the Landcruiser.
The tent in the photo once belonged to my parents and they put it to good use during the 60's and 70's. They used that tent for all their camping trips.My father passed it on to me and I used it til it just became a rag. They got their money's worth out of that tent.
All these years later and I still remember what I made for breakfast: Chorizo con papas (Chorizo with potatoes) with a couple of fried over easy eggs and tortillas. Too bad there was no Facebook.
A long gone time with good friends and a very good memory.

Click on the photo for a larger view.



No comments: