Sunday, December 09, 2007

Remembering

It's amazing how a song can evoke memories of long ago times. I am listening to a Bing Crosby album right now and there are several songs on it that were my father's favorites, and by association, my favorites as well. I've been listening to "White Christmas", "I'll be home for Christmas", Silver Bells" and "The Christmas Song", all timeless Classics.

December can be somewhat bittersweet for our family. As we celebrate Christmas with our children and grandshildren, other family members and friends, we also remember our father. He was born in December and it was his month to shine. He loved to sing all the songs I just mentioned, he loved to hum along or whistle. He enjoyed having company during the holidays. December belonged to my father. This year, as every year, I feel my fathers presence all around me. Forgive me for being overly nostalgic but today I am remembering.

No comments: