Monday, July 15, 2013

A Look Back at the Month of June

Last month was an exceptionally good month for our family. Earlier in the month two of my granddaughters graduated from Junior High School. Both McKayla and Mariah enter high school this year. Jeri and I are very proud of both of them!

DSCF6775
Robert, Mariah, Meranda and Maddie

DSCF6712
DeeDee, McKayla, Kendra and Richard

On Saturday, the 15th, I met up with my uncle and aunt, Gilbert and Joann De La O,  whom I have not seen in thirty two years, since my father's funeral. We've spoken over the phone but this was the first time we have actually seen each other face to face in all that time. It was great to see my uncle and aunt and our plan is to visit them later this year. It had been far too long!

DSCF6800
Uncle Gilbert and Aunt Joann, Jeri and I

The following day was Father's Day where we had lunch at Casa Jimenez. I had Huevos Rancheros, one of my favorite meals. Another great day!

DSCF6809

The following weekend, we (Jeri and I, my mother, Meranda and my brother Dennis and his family) attended a birthday party for my aunt Marylou De La O, at A Mi Hacienda Mexican Restaurant in Pico Rivera. It was my aunts 94th birthday. The party was given by my cousin Gary De La O.  It was like a mini family reunion. We had a great time. After the dinner we went to my aunt's home in Montebello for a short visit.


Created with flickr slideshow.

No comments: