Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!



I was thinking about my own father Andrew this morning, and my father in law Henry Huizar. What I remember about both of them is that they didn't place money, things or success above their kids. Yes, they were imperfect, just as I am, just as we all, but they never shirked their duty. Their families came first.

What I remember most about my own father is not the vacations, or money spent but the times we were together, the advice he gave me when I needed it the most, the times he said "I told you so" and more importantly the times he didn't. He wasn't afraid to give me a quick kick in the rear end when I needed it, which was often.

If I have been half the man and father that my own father was than I'm not doing too bad. To all the father's that wake up everyday and kiss your kids before you leave the house, come home and hug them, talk with them and are blessed enough to have them want to share their day with you, to those that have kids that look up to you, with that gleam in their eyes that jumps out at you and cannot be mistaken for anything but love, then Happy Father's Day to you.

On the other hand if none of the above applies to you, and you are giving less than 100% then get your act together. Your kids need you!

To my wife and my own kids, I couldn't do it without you!

Happy Father's Day and God Bless you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello my name is jolynn and im sherry de la o's daughter. she is ur cousin. she is the daughter of gilbert de la o. yup! she has been trying to contact u. hopefully u remember her because she hasnt seen u in a long time. so ya. her email is sherrydelao@yahoo.com please contact her. well c ya. bye.