Sunday, August 28, 2016

Breakfast, a Walk Uptown and "Hands of Stone"


A fantastic morning courtesy of my daughter Meranda De La O. She called us (my wife and I) up early this morning for breakfast at the Greenleaf Cafe in Uptown Whittier ( I had Chile Verde with eggs) followed by a walk through uptown.

As we passed the Whittier Village Theater we saw that "Hands of Stone", the Roberto Duran movie, was showing. She treated us to the movie, which we all loved.

For me it was like a walk back through time. I remember all those moments in Duran's career. It was like a quick walk through the 70's and 80's.

I'm not a movie critic and I did read some not so great reviews for the movie. I only know I enjoyed it and would recommend to anyone that asked about it. Sometimes a movie gets a different reaction from different people. Today it was part of a overall great day.

It had to be difficult to channel Duran's raw intensity. I think actor Edgar Ramirez did a pretty good job. I won't say any more since the movie just came out.

We enjoyed breakfast , the movie and spending the morning with you.. Thank you daughter!


Hands of Stone

No comments: