Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Heading to New Mexico

Jeri and I are headed for New Mexico. Tomorrow we will stop at Phoenix, Arizona and then it's on to Las Cruces, New Mexico where we will be visiting with our cousins, Louie and Rocky Burke and their mother Elba.

We'll also visit my cousin Tony Garcia of Silver City. The Hatch Chile Festival is also taking place on Saturday and Sunday, so I will definitely be getting my green chile fix this weekend. Another scheduled stop is the De La O Saloon and Visitors Center in nearby Dona Ana.

 I will also meet the other Randy James De La O, who lives in Las Cruces, and who, by the eeriest coincidence also shares the same birthday, May 8th, with me, and last but certainly not least, after communicating for several years via email, cousin Juanita De La O Gordon and I will finally meet.

New Mexico has always been near and dear to my heart and I'm really looking forward to this trip!


No comments: