Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Bowl Of Texas Red Chili

Making Chili


I made a batch of Chili today. Chili with an "I" not Chile with an "E". Two different dishes. This is a Tex Mex dish. In Texas they don't use beans with their Chili but being a California Chicano I have to have my beans. they have to be pinto beans, no black beans in my Chili. Now, I don't want to brag (okay, I do just a little) but this is the best Chili I have ever made.

I used ground New Mexico chile, chili powder, paprika, onions, garlic, cumin, Mexican oregano,salt and pepper, one cup of strong coffee, beef stock, tomatoes with their skin removed, flour and ground beef. I normally use a "chili grind' for Chili but we had regular ground beef in the freezer so that is what I went with.



A Bowl of Texas Red Chili

The finished product, a bowl of Texas Red (with pinto beans). My wife, who is a Tejana (she's from San Antonio, Texas) gave her approval.

No comments: