Monday, July 14, 2014

Canter's Deli for Lunch

It's been hot here lately in SoCal, a little too hot to cook. So when it came time for lunch yesterday Jeri and I felt like eating out. We decided on Canter's Deli in the Fairfax District of Los Angeles. Of course, Canter's is much more than a deli, it's a full service restaurant dedicated to serving the Jewish community in Los Angeles. There is however, a little something for everyone. I saw quesadilla's on the menu too, so Canter's is making changes and adapting with the changes taking place in L.A. Still, the heart and soul of Canter's is Jewish and that is a beautiful thing.

I started with the matzo ball soup. Matzo ball soups is like a restorative to me, maybe it's the chicken broth I also ordered the Bronx Special, a combination of their delicious pastrami and chopped liver served open face on rye. It was absolutely delicious. For my drink I ordered egg cream.

Canter's Restaurant & Deli
Cantor's Deli on Fairfax

Canter's Restaurant & Deli
Canter's Matzo Ball Soup 
(Egg Cream on the right)

Canter's Restaurant & Deli
Pastrami and Chopped Liver on Rye

Canter's Restaurant & Deli
BBQ Beef Brisket



No comments: