Friday, July 04, 2014

Happy Independence Day 2014.



Say what you will about America but I love my country. I love the freedom I enjoy. I don't feel the need to shove it in anyone's face but it is Independence Day and I feel like expressing my self.

America, like the people that inhabit it, is not perfect. We make mistakes but we do things right too. As bad as our mistakes can be at times, we work like hell to correct them.

I can say this, more people are clamoring to get in, then there are trying to get out, but even if they wanted to leave they are free to do so. There may have been a time when not every one had an equal shot at success but that time has come and gone.I believe any man or woman, regardless of race or ethnicity, can be anything (within the law) or do anything. The only limits are the ones we set upon ourselves. I raised my own kids on this belief.

I still believe that hard work over a lifetime will pay dividends!

I don't give a rat's ass about politics or the left or the right or anything in between. I just believe in America.

We are free to worship our God as we please or not. It's our choice. I believe America is a Judeo/Christian nation but if you don't that okay. It's your choice. I respect that. Just respect my choice too.

America is not perfect but as former heavyweight champion Muhammad Ali said many years ago "We got people working on it."

I was told years ago that I have a Pollyanna view on life. Maybe but I prefer to think of it as just simple and honest. You can agree or disagree, you have that freedom.

Have a Happy 4th!

No comments: