Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Happy Birthday to my Father - Andrew De La O

Andrew De La O 1950's

Andrew Salazar De La O

I'm sitting here drinking my morning cup of coffee and thinking about my father. I miss those days when my wife and I would visit with him and my mother on the weekend and enjoy a big breakfast with them. My father almost always made the potatoes. After breakfast, we would take our coffee and go outside and talk about life, the future or the family. He loved his coffee.

His time as a grandfather was short but he loved it. He would be proud of all his grandchildren and great grandchildren. I named my son after him.

Today December 16, would have been his 91st birthday. He passed away May 7, 1981. We were lucky to have him as our father. He was a decent man, a good man. He was my first and greatest teacher. His family has never forgotten him. We all miss him, especially our mother. He was the best man I ever knew. Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments: