Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Happy Birthday Meranda!





Character.......


Years ago, my daughter Meranda, was working at Stuft Pizza as a waitress, she had just graduated high school and was saving money for one thing or another, as all young people do. She rode her bike every day to work. As time went by she accumulated about a $1000.00 -$1500.00 or so.
At the same time Jeri and I were looking to buying a house. I was paying off old debt and putting together the money for the down payment. She saw me struggling. One day she came up to me and hands me the money,

"Dad, I want you to use this money toward your down payment". 
"Honey, I can't take your money, you've worked hard for that money!"
"It's okay dad, i want to help you."

How do you forget moments like that? That's character. Words count but character leaves no doubt. More than anything, character counts!

Today my daughter is a single mother raising two daughters on her own. Do you think those kids can rely on their mom? They rely on her more than anyone in their lives. She is their moral compass.

My daughter has taken it on the chin more times than I can count. She's been hit harder than most. She has been knocked down a few times. She has always got back up. She shakes herself off and comes back swinging. There is no quit in her. There is no pound for pound ranking for moms but if there was, Meranda would be in the mix.

If you are lucky enough to be someone she loves and cares for, you should know that you have someone who has your back, no questions asked. We have her back and she has ours.

Happy Birthday to the little girl that made me a daddy! Your mom and I love you! God bless you!

No comments: