Friday, September 11, 2015

America Remembers

September 11, 2001....




I was at work that morning. It was still very early in the shift and we were getting ready for the day. I saw two of my coworkers; Carlos Martinez and Dave Pederson, listening to the radio. The look on their faces told me something was wrong. I walked up and asked "What's wrong?" One of them said "A plane just crashed into one of the Twin Towers?"

The big question right away from everyone was "Was it an accident?" We found out about 15 minutes later. I was walking out of the rest room when someone said to me "Another plane just hit the towers!" I called home and spoke with my son Andrew. "Turn on the TV, two planes just crashed into the Twin Towers in New York.

The rest of the events unfolded as America was under attack. It was surreal. We knew immediately that our lives, our country and the world, would never be the same again.

To all who died on this day, 14 years ago, may you rest in peace, and may your family, find peace and comfort that only comes with time.

To all who responded during this crisis, the firemen, the police and the many civilians. Many of you gave your lives (and later, the quality of your lives) heroically. We have not forgotten! May God Bless America and may we never forget!

No comments: