Saturday, September 12, 2015

The MD-11, Building 84, Long Beach Plant

Family


Family


The MD-11, in building 84, in the early 90's. It is one of the best programs I have worked on. In terms of the physical job, it was my favorite. I worked both swing shift and day shift in those years. I especially enjoyed working "out of position" outdoors in the Pressure Pit.

When the weather was really bad, especially when the rain was coming down hard, it was usually on a volunteer basis. McDonnell Douglas was good with us that way. I didn't need to be asked. I loved working outside during the bad weather. One or two other guys from the crew would be out there with me, and except for the guys running pressure, we had the place to ourselves.

I was working in department 550 and 552 in those days. I miss all those guys from those crews. Good memories. Too bad it all had to end.


No comments: