Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Andrew De La O

Andrew De La O

I'm thinking about my father and uncles and the men of their generation. They were the generation of the Depression and World War II. They did not merely survive those hard times, they took the bull by the horn and they met it head on. These were men! They did not whine, bitch or moan about it, they just took care of business.

They did not have time to sit around and feel sorry for themselves. They did not waste their time looking for some truth. The only truth they knew was that a country needed to be rebuilt. Quietly and without fanfare, this is what they did. They did not brag about it nor did they wallow in self pity. They did what all good humble men do. They worked hard and they raised their families. This is how America was rebuilt, day by day.. Such men were our fathers! I don't know about you but I'm proud to be an American and I am proud to be descended from such a man.

No comments: