Saturday, July 23, 2016

Douglas Aircraft Company - Section Manager Training Program Certificate of Participation

Randy De La O

Douglas Aircraft Company Certificate of Participation

Of all the mementos and memorabilia that I have accumulated over the years working at McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Aircraft Companies, this is the one that means the most to me. It's the one that I'm proudest of. It probably doesn't amount to a hill of beans outside of MDC/Boeing but it represents a year of schooling and on the job training. It was earned. The program and class, in my case, ran from July 1988 to July 1989. The certificate itself was presented to me by the Douglas Aircraft Company-Long Beach, a subdivision of the McDonnell Douglas Company.

In some ways it changed my life forever. I conquered so many personal fears during this time. I met people that I might never have met otherwise. Good people. It was a great time in my life and a great personal memory.

There was a informal "Graduation" at the completion of the program. The above photo is from that day.

No comments: