Saturday, October 14, 2017

New Mexico, a Guide to the Colorful State (and my father)

I found this book - New Mexico, A guide to the Colorful State - at the Whittier Library about twenty some odd years ago. This book is part of the American Guide Series. It was originally published in 1942. I have checked it out repeatedly over the years.

I am 99.9% sure that the boy on the far right, leaning on the fence, in this photo, is my father Andrew De La O. My father was born in 1923. I'm not sure what year the photo was taken but I have no doubt it was taken some time in the early 1930's. A project like this book, especially in the days before the internet and digital cameras, would have taken several years to compile  the data and publish. The timing seems right.

I can see my father clearly in this photo. The face, the eyes, the hair and even the way he is leaning on the fence. That's my father. I can't verify it or prove it but I'm convinced.






1 comment:

Betmatik - Alman Bahis Panzeri said...

That was an quite interesting article, thanks for your time!.