Sunday, February 17, 2019

Against the Wind by Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band

Against the Wind by Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band was released in 1980. It has been almost forty years and it remains, at least to me, a relevant and vital song that represents not only a great period of music but of a time in my own life that is gone now, along with many of the people that were once a huge part of my life.

The song refers to the struggles and of love, that come and go in a man's life (anyone's life really). Life does change on us.

"Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then" is widely considered the most profound words or lyrics from the song but for me, the punchline,, as it were, is "I'm older now but still running against the wind." Maybe because it's true (for most of us). Life has a way of changing a man's perspective, on life and on a song.

At any rate, it's an old favorite of mine. It captures another time. Truly good music does that. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.


No comments: