Saturday, December 16, 2023

100th Birthday: Andrew De La O

 One hundred years ago today, December 16, 1923 my father Andrew De La O was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Sometimes, great men and women, are born and they live their lives in relative obscurity, recognized only by family and close friends. My father was such a man, as were his siblings, my aunts and uncles. There were ten altogether.
Born into poverty, growing up under difficult circumstances in Las Cruces, New Mexico and eventually finding his way to California, he, as well as all my aunts and uncles, found it within themselves to rise above the circumstances and create a good life for themselves and their families.
He did it through hard work, service to his country and all those big and small things good men do. He never complained, nor did he blame anyone else when things went wrong. He owned his mistakes.
The saving Grace in his life is that he was saved by God's Grace. For that I am eternally grateful.
Happy Birthday Dad. We still miss you and we still love you! Give ma my love.








No comments: