Sunday, March 23, 2008

Remembering our Grandson on Easter Sunday

Meranda and Nathan, Easter 2001


By: Jeri De La O

Today is the anniversary of the only holiday we spent with our beautiful grandson Nathan. It was Easter of 2001. It was a beautiful sunny day, warm just like it is today. I was excited and happy that day to make all my grandchildren their Easter baskets, but most of all of course, our grandson Nathan, he got the biggest blue wicker basket, but they were all beautiful. He was our angel when he was born but we just didn't know it yet. It has been very hard and always will be, not having him here with us every holiday and every day that passes. There is a void in our hearts. I also want to say that for the short time that he was with us, he sure was very alert, always smiling and cooing and how I just loved holding him on my legs, with him just standing holding my hands, and just talking to him. We will miss him forever. It has been very hard for our daughter Meranda and always will be but all my husband and I can do is to keep our strength and our faith in our Father God. Wishing all my family and friends a Happy Easter. God Bless You.

No comments: