Friday, January 29, 2010

Memorial Service for Uncle Larry De La O

This past Saturday, January 23, 2010, a memorial service and a grave site visit was held at the Calvary Cemetery in East Los Angeles. It was a small, intimate service with family and friends including members of the American Legion, of which Larry, a U.S. Army veteran, was a member. Along with members of aunt Frances' "Panchita" family, nieces and nephews of Larry were in attendance, including, Jimmy Caldero, Gloria Jean Miramontes, Gary De La O and myself. There was also a Mariachi band that played several songs including "El Rey" which was dedicated to my uncle. Larry was buried in the Roggero family plot. The service was given by the Roggero family.

I had not seen my uncle Larry in several years. My memories of him are from years ago. He was my father's oldest brother. It pleases me to know that he found peace and happiness with aunt Panchita and that they built a life together. It became apparent during the service how much Larry meant to her family and it occurred to me that it was their loss. My condolences to the Roggero family on their loss. Rest in peace uncle Larry.

Click the arrow to start the slide show

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My name is Loretta Fernandez. My Dad Randy Fernandez and Larry were friends for 45 years. Panchita and Larry had a beautiful zest for life. Larry had a great personality and always made everyone laugh. My father would like to extend his deepest sympathy and condolences. MY Dads nickname was "Chickie".

Anonymous said...

Randy & daughter Loretta Fernandez
loriblue30@hotmail.com
(We have pictures of Larry)