Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Civilian Conservation Corps - Death Valley National Monument: Set I

The following photos were taken by and of my father, Andrew Salazar De La O,  approximately 70 years ago during his time in the Civilian Conservation Corps in Death Valley, California. I believe these photos were taken with my father's old Eastman Kodak box camera. Some of the photos are of poor quality, still because of the content of these photos, they have both genealogical and historical value.




The handwritten caption on the back of the above photo,
 presumably written by my father, reads 
"This picture speaks for itself"














Above and below: My father Andrew S. De La O









My father Andrew S. De La O

Furnace Creek Camp-Death Valley



CCC, The Men, The Work, The Legacy


No comments: