Monday, November 12, 2012

Veteran's Day 2012



A little perspective.....

 I like to talk and write about boxing, it's something I enjoy. I think it takes quit a special person to step into the ring, or the cage, for that matter, and lay it all on the line. It's not an easy sport but don't think for one minute that I don't know who the real heroes are in this country. It's the men and woman who have served in the armed services, in any branch, be it the Marines, Army, Air Force, Navy or the Coast Guard. To all you great Americans, thanks for your service and enjoy your day!


You probably won't hear this in any of the celebrations and speeches today. and most likely you won't read it in the paper. Maybe it's important, maybe it's not. It's important to me. In every war Mexican Americans have served with distinction, honor and in numbers out of proportion to their population. They remain to this day the single most highly decorated ethnicity in this country's history. Mexican Americans or Chicanos, have served this country with honor! I salute them!!

No comments: