Sunday, July 07, 2013

Sunday Supper: Carne Adovada

Caene Adovada

Preparing the Carne Adovada yesterday for our Sunday supper at my mother's house. Pickled in red chile, cider vinegar, onions, garlic and salt and pepper. I normally let it marinate for three days but this time overnight will have to do. 

Carne Adovada
Carne Adovada , Charro Beans and Calabacitas

The finished product: Carne Adovada, Charro Beans (with Pico de Gallo) and Calabacitas (Squash). I usually use pork shoulder cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks for the Carne Adovada but they didn't have what I needed at the market so I used Country Style Pork Ribs. They did the job. The meat was falling apart tender and flavorful. Naturally I used New Mexico Red Chile. It's been a while since I've felt like cooking but I just felt inspired today. I was craving a taste of New Mexico.

No comments: