Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Shrimp Scampi with Linguine

Shrimp Scampi with Linguine

Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil


A recent meal at our house. As much as I love Mexican cooking, I do enjoy other types of food. Shrimp Scampi is one of our favorites and is actually pretty easy to put together.We also made Bruschetta with tomato and basil. We almost always top it with feta cheese but I forgot to buy it at the market. It was still very good but it lacked that extra zing that feta cheese gives it. next time I'll write it down!

I was a cook at JoJo's Restaurant in Ontario, California in 1977, the first time I tasted Shrimp Scampi. There has an older cook - I don't remember his name - that was at one time a promising chef but he was down on his luck working as a short order cook. He would make lunch for himself and it was always something that was not on the menu. Shrimp Scampi was one of those things he would make. A food memory.

No comments: