Saturday, May 20, 2017

A Father's Pride

Some men are brothers to me, that's a fact, and some men I'll never understand. My brothers will understand my sentiment.
When your first child is born your life changes forever, and it changes with each one born thereafter. When my first child was born I made a promise to live each day to make her proud of me. That was my goal and I renewed that promise with each newborn.
I tried to put aside things in life that would hurt my family. I'll be the first to tell you that I failed miserably. Still I tried. I still try and I still come up short at times.
My point is this. No matter what, we try and try again! Sometimes we need to let go of the boy and let the man out.
Regardless of whether I have failed or I have succeeded I look at all my children and they make me proud to be their father. My wife Jeri feels the same way as a mother.
Just knowing that your father and your mother are in your corner is enough for any child, at any age. Be in their corner!! Praise them, guide them and let them know that they can do anything they set their minds to. Later in life they will be the best friends you ever had and they will be in your corner.
That gleam you see in my eyes is fatherly pride

No comments: