Monday, May 13, 2019

Doris Day Has Passed Away at 97

Doris Day was from my parents era. Her truest and greatest fans were the WWII generation, America's greatest generation and I don't know if the younger generation knows who she is.
She was a singer first and she took her voice to Hollywood. She excelled at the highest level in both.
I grew up listening to her music. There was always music in the house and her music, her voice, were a large part of it.
In those days, her music became the background music for the country, especially after World War II. Her voice was comforting. She had a slew of hits. Her biggest hit was "Que Sera, Sera!" (What Ever Will be Will be.)
I never owned any of her albums but whenever I heard her on the radio or television I always turned up the volume just a little and gave her a listen. Her music and her voice took me back.
My condolences to her family, friends and fans. R.I.P. Mrs. Doris Day.
Below are two of my favorites by Doris Day, When I Fall in Love and Again. To say they don't make singers and songs like this any more is an understatement..




No comments: