Thursday, July 06, 2023

The Tacos of My Heart

It's no secret to anyone that knows me that I enjoy a good taco (Among other things) but a good hard shell taco means home to me.

I enjoy a good soft taco too; carnitas, carne asada, barbacoa, whatever, the list is endless. However, If you have roots In Texas,  New Mexico, Arizona or an earlier California, then you probably understand my love of the hard shell taco, sometimes called a crispy taco or in Spanish, Taco Dorado.

My wife has been making these hard shell tacos for me and our family nigh on fifty years with; ground beef and potato, lettuce, tomato and cheese, and always with Lindy's Taco Sauce. The secret is simplicity, just good simple ingredients. 

There are four beef and potato hard shell tacos on that plate. These tacos my friends are the tacos of my heart.

God Bless you, stay safe and enjoy a good taco when you get a chance.

No comments: