Wednesday, November 15, 2023

A Rainy Day in Whittier

A rainy day today called for a late and lazy breakfast at Rey's Little Kitchen here in Whittier - next to King Richard's Antique Mall (the largest Antique Mall in California).I like this place. The food is good and so is the service. A humble eating establishment and very comfortable. 

I had the carne asada breakfast plate. As I do whenever I can, I asked for papa's (potatoes) with my breakfast (instead of rice), along with flour tortillas and a respectable salsa Rojo. It was the breakfast I woke up craving. Jeri had the red beef enchiladas.  It was about 1:30 so it really was a late breakfast for me.

After finishing our meal, we wandered over to the Antique mall and browsed around for a while.
There was a book rack that had all three of my friend Gene Aguilera's books on display. If you love boxing it would be worth a visit just for Gene's books alone.

After leaving King Richard's we headed uptown for a stroll. It was still raining a bit but Jeri had her trusty umbrella with her.

All in all, it was a nice day today here in Whittier. God Bless you, stay dry and eat good!

No comments: