Friday, December 01, 2006

I Want Kelvin to LIVE!! From Rocio Montagner

Kelvin has been so brave and never seems to complain. He had a rough night since he had some abdominal pain but he is resting comfrotably today. I had a rose and a Zacky pulled a pedal off of it. I picked up the pedal to throw it in the trash but Kelvin stopped me and said "Mommy don't throw it away, don't give up on it! Let me try and fix it and put it back on the flower you'll see, it will grow back and be healthy again!" As I heard his words I could see that his will to live was unstoppable! He feels that he can do anything and that he has the power to heal. I continue to pray that God will allow him to win this battle and that he will have the opportunity to "Be Healthy Again" and that God will "FIX" him! He smiles often and speaks clearly. He is having problems with his vision closing one eye to focus I am not sure because he won't admit it but I think he sees double and needs to close one eye to see 1 item instead of 2.
We had planned to go on our Disney Cruise in January in hopes he would be strong enough to walk. I am still praying that this is some sort of fluke and that he will go back to walking and we can go on the cruise! So close but not close enough to making this journey!! I want to keep as positive as possiable. Yesterday Frank, my rock, felt so sad and broke down. He is entitled but I feel so scared! Its been a while since I have cried but I just can't stop now. When I saw him so sad I was able to keep it together but now I can't any longer! I want to be strong and pray for strength but sometimes feel that my heart can't handle anymore! We have fought so hard, all of us together doing all we can to beat this! It is so frustrating and upsetting.
Today I went to pick up some food and ran into our favorite waiter, he asked about Kelvin and I just cried, he handed me a long stem rose and said that it was from "Virgen of Guadalupe" that he has been asking Her to please heal my angel. I smiled and felt so good in knowing that there are so many caring and loving people praying for our angel!
Tomorrow is another day and we pray that it will be a good one and we will do all we can to enjoy our little angel and to make him as happy as possiable! He is our Love and our Life, we want the best for him and we just want him to live! It that so much to ask??
Love Mom & DAD
P.S. I am attatching a poem that made me cry but it so beautiful I must share it with you all!!









"I'll lend you for a little time, a child of mine" He said,
For you to love while he lives, and mourn when he is dead.
It may be six or seven years, or twenty-two, or three,
but will you, 'til I call him back, take care of him for Me?

He'll bring his charms to gladden you, and shall his stay be brief,
you'll have his lovely memories as solace for your grief.
I cannot promise he will stay, since all from earth return,
but there are lessons taught down there I want that child to learn.

I've looked the wide world over in my search for teachers true,
and from the throngs that crowd life's lanes I have selected you.
Now will you give him all your love, nor think the labor vain,
nor hate me when I come to call, to bring him back again?"

I fancied that I heard them say... "Dear Lord, Thy will be done,
For all the joy Thy child will bring, the risk of grief we'll run.
We'll shelter him with tenderness, we'll love him while we may,
and for the happiness we've known, will ever grateful stay.

But shall the angels call for him much sooner than we planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes, and try to understand."

No comments: