Sunday, October 04, 2015

C-17 Globemaster III

I found these old pictures while cleaning out my garage recently. They are pre-production artistic renditions of the C-17 Globemaster III. The date on the back of one of the pictures says 1987. that sounds about right. I found other items and I will post them at a later date.

More than anything, what amazes me about these pictures is that they began in the minds of McDonnell Douglas engineering. The concept was put on paper and made a reality. It was an honor to be a small part of the history of the C-17 Globemaster III. It was also an honor to work with the finest aircraft workers in the industry.

The photo at the bottom is an early production photo of the C-17 production line in building 54 in Long Beach, California. 

C-17

C-17 Globemaster III

C-17 Globemaster III

C-17 Globemaster III

C-17 Globemaster III

C-17 Globemaster III

C-17 Production Line

No comments: