Wednesday, September 20, 2017

A Dream

Good morning. I hope everyone is doing well.

I had a nice dream last night. I found myself in the back seat of an old car but the car did not seem old. I was sitting behind the driver. My wife Jeri was to my right.

I saw my mother sitting in the front passenger seat and my kids were all in the front with her.They were kids again. My mother was young too. Her hair was made up the way she wore it in the 60's.

I was trying to grasp the situation when I realized it was my father who was driving the car. It was all very confusing because I knew he was dead. In the dream I began to remember that my father had come back. He never died he was just gone for a long time.

Suddenly, I stood up (I was the age I am now but it's a dream), reached over the seat and put my arms around my father. I was emotional. "Dad, all these years we thought you were dead!" He patted my arm and said "I know mijo, I know, I'm sorry.

I looked over at my mother and she had this blissful look of contentment that I have not seen in her face since my father has been gone. We had eye contact and I felt what she was feeling "He's back, everything will be okay now" I felt it more than heard it. It seemed so real I thought my father was back.

I'm sure there is some deep meaning to the dream. She could use him right now. Things have been tough for her. It was a nice dream.

No comments: