Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Good Morning!



Good morning family and friends! I'm enjoying my morning cup of coffee right now before I get started with my day. I wish you all the best today!

I collect coffee cups, some are given to me by my kids, some I have bought and others I can't remember where I got them. I don't know if collect is the right word, maybe accumulated or amassed are a better choice of words.

I take turns with my cups. I'll use one for a while, then put it away and use another cup, and so on and so on. This cup was given to me several years ago by my daughter Savannah but they have all given me similar cups through the years. When I drink from this cup or any of the cups they have given me I see all of my children's faces. That's because I see them as one. My children.

The words on the cup are; Father, Strength and Courage and at the bottom: "The Man of Integrity Walks Securely". Proverbs 10:9.

These words do not describe me but they do describe what all fathers strive to be, or at should strive to be. How awesome it would be to be such a man!

When I drink from this cup and all the others i remember just how truly blessed I am. My wife, my children and grandchildren are my life!

Enjoy the day that God has given you!

No comments: