Monday, August 21, 2017

Pennies From Heaven

Untitled

By Randy De La O

My wife Jeri collects pennies - not every penny she sees just pennies she finds: on the sidewalk, a parking lot, the market or just any place she happens to find one.

She heard long ago, as many of us have, that pennies are a gift, a message, a reminder or just a quick "hello" from a loved one that has passed.

Now, when I see a penny I pick it up and save it for her because I know she will want it.

It's not so much that I 100% believe it but we have had some pretty strange coincidences. We never just find a penny, we almost always find one after talking about someone.

While driving, there are times when we'll be talking about our late grandson Nathan - something we do a lot - we'll pull into a parking lot, still talking about him and almost invariably one of us will look down and sure enough, there's a penny. She has amassed a small fortune just from Nathan. If I find it I'll say to her "Nathan said hello".

A couple of days ago while driving we were talking about her mom & dad and my father, all three are gone now. I stepped out of the car and there were three shiny pennies.

I found the penny in the photo the day before yesterday. my grandson was on my mind and there again was a penny. I forgot about it until I emptied my pockets this morning. I handed it to Jeri and said "Nathan said hello"!

Coincidences? Maybe but they're nice ones.

No comments: